Fix common issues with 2-Step Verification

My security key/phone was lost or stolen

If you have lost access to your security key or token, you will need to reset the 2-Step verification for your account by contacting our support team at support@foregenix.com.

Depending on the type of your account and your access level, our support team may need to carry out additional checks to verify your identity. These may include making a call to the phone number provided during registration or another publicly listed phone number for your organisation.

Individual Merchant accounts on the Basic and Starter tiers can usually reset 2-Step verification without any additional confirmation of identity.

Once your request has been approved, our support team will reset the 2-Step verification for your account. Once this is done, you will be asked to configure a new method of authentication the next time you log in. If you are already logged in on other devices you may be logged out of them in the process of the reset.

I didn’t get a verification code

If a text message with a verification code was sent to your phone, make sure your service plan and mobile device supports text message delivery. Note that delivery speed and availability may vary by location and service provider.

If you requested more than one verification code, only the newest one will work.

If you request too many codes in a short period of time our system may apply a temporary restriction on requesting new codes. This is in order to prevent abuse and potential attacks.

My Google Authenticator/Authy/App codes don’t work

One common reason that codes generated by your authenticator app may not work is if the time on your device is not set correctly. Ensure the current date, time and timezone are set correctly on your device by looking in the Settings app.

Other 2-Step Verification Issues

If you have any other issues relating to 2-Step verification, our support team will be happy to help you. You can reach our support team by sending an email to support@foregenix.com